2022 Webinars: Supplemental Resources
The resource links below are provided for informational purposes only and are not intended as legal or medical advice. Links to outside training programs are suggestions of potential resources for training and should not be considered an endorsement of content or the company. Med-IQ bears no responsibility for the accuracy, legality, or content of any external site. The concepts discussed during the webinar, as well as the list below, represent some suggestions for improving practice and are not intended to be all-inclusive.
HIPAA 2022: You’ve Got Questions, We’ve Got Answers
- HHS. Health Information Privacy. HIPAA for Professionals. Reviewed May 17, 2021. Accessed June 7, 2022.
- AMA. HIPAA privacy & security resources. Accessed June 7, 2022.
- American Hospital Association. HIPAA – Resource Links. Accessed June 7, 2022.
- Medical Group Management Association. Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA). Accessed June 7, 2022.
- American Society of Addiction Medicine. Confidentiality. Accessed June 7, 2022.
Healthcare Crisis Management: Preparing for Potential Litigation in a Pandemic and Post-Pandemic World
- Hick HL, Hanfling D, Wynia M. Hospital planning for contingency and crisis conditions: crisis standards of care lessons from COVID-19. Jt Comm J Qual Pat Saf. 2022.
- Hunton Andrews Kurth. COVID-19 Complaint Tracker. Accessed February 18, 2022.
- Hall Booth Smith. COVID-19 state healthcare immunity orders and legislation. Revised March 7, 2022.
- Hickey KJ. The PREP Act and COVID-19: Limiting Liability for Medical Countermeasures. Report LSB10443—Version 17. Congressional Research Service. Updated January 13, 2022. Accessed February 14, 2022.
- Cianflone S. Managing patients who cannot be transferred. Coverys. RisKey. March 2022.
- AMA. Crisis standards of care: Guidance from the AMA Code of Medical Ethics. Updated April 5, 2020. Accessed February 18, 2022.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Plan for Heavy Surge—Crisis Standards of Care. Reviewed October 15, 2018. Accessed February 18, 2022.
Credentialing Clinicians: Keeping Problematic Providers out of Your Hospital
- Patel R, Sharma S. Credentialing. StatPearls [Internet]. Updated October, 2021. Accessed January 18, 2022.
- The Joint Commission. Standards. 2021. Accessed January 19, 2022.
- eCFR. 42 CFR § 482.22 Condition of Participation: Medical Staff. Accessed January 18, 2022.
- ECRI. Credentialing and Privileging Toolkit. January 7, 2020. Accessed January 18, 2022.
- ECRI. Medical Staff Credentialing and Privileging. November 20, 2020. Accessed January 18, 2022.
- ECRI. Ask ECRI: Emergency Credentialing amid National Emergencies. April 3, 2020. Accessed January 18, 2022.
Hospital at Home: Prepare for Success
- American Hospital Association. Hospital-at-Home. Accessed January 3, 2022.
- Hospital At Home Users Group. Accessed January 3, 2022.
- Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services. Acute Hospital Care at Home. Accessed January 3, 2022.
- Achanta A, Velasquez DE, Grabowski DC. Hospital at home: paying for what it’s worth. Am J Manag Care. 2021;27(9):369-371.
- Brody AA, Arbaje AI, DeCherrie LV, Federman AD, Leff B, Siu AL. Starting up a hospital at home program: facilitators and barriers to implementation. J Am Geriatr Soc. 2019;67(3):588–595.
- Hospital at Home. Is your organization ready for hospital at home? Accessed January 3, 2022.
- Levine DM, Ouchi K, Blanchfield B, et al. Hospital-level care at home for acutely ill adults: a randomized controlled trial. Ann Intern Med. 2020;172(2):77-85.
- Levine DM, Paz M, Burke K, Schnipper JL. Predictors and reasons why patients decline to participate in home hospital: a mixed methods analysis of a randomized controlled trial. J Gen Intern Med. 2021 May 5.
- Saenger P, Federman AD, DeCherrie LV, et al. Choosing inpatient vs home treatment: why patients accept or decline hospital at home. J Am Geriatr Soc. 2020;68(7):1579-1583.
- Safavi KC, Ricciardi R, Heng M, et al. A different kind of perioperative surgical home: hospital at home after surgery. Ann Surg. 2020;271(2):227-229.
- ALL IN: WellBeing First for Healthcare. 2022 Healthcare Workforce Rescue Package. Accessed February 14, 2022.