See that the work mattered
And how much time did you spend thinking about outcomes? Forget about Moore’s or Kirkpatrick’s levels, or P values or effect size. How did you plan to demonstrate that all that hard work actually mattered?
And how did you communicate your outcomes so that all the other busy people in the education universe could quickly understand them?
Yes, you are busy. Yes, you have limited staff. Yes, your budgets are tight.
And yes, you can produce better outcomes.
We can help you answer the right questions
- Did the right learners participate?
- What happened?
- What should be done differently next time?
You can answer these questions. Certainly, there are varying degrees of sophistication, but if you can produce and distribute education, you can collect and report data to establish why it mattered.
Bridging the gap between what you’re currently doing in outcomes and how much better you can be doing it, is how Med-IQ can help. Med-IQ isn’t about pre versus post or case vignettes or audience-response systems. Med-IQ is about clarifying which questions need to be answered and then building a practical, research-based plan to do so.
We can help translate research-based principles into the everyday practice of education
What works, and what doesn’t
- We know that there’s more than one methodology to assess education (yes, we’re talking about you pre/post)
- Validated tools are critical, and fancy statistical methods don’t make up for poor data collection
- Outcomes must be collected, analyzed, and reported in a fashion that allows the results to increase our cumulative understanding of what works (and what doesn’t) in education
Examples of how we can help
Med-IQ has helped academic medical centers, medical education companies, and hospital systems produce and assess education. Here’s how:
- Train staff in outcomes methods, question writing, statistical analysis, and reporting
- Write outcomes-assessment plans for grant proposals
- Develop outcomes-related standard operating procedures
- Manage and administer any (or all) phases of outcomes assessment
- Create posters, white papers, and manuscripts for peer-reviewed publications
What’s the process?
It’s likely you have some expectations. Maybe there’s something you’ve seen at a conference or heard about from a colleague that you’re curious about incorporating into your own educational program. And maybe this new approach would be a perfect fit. Then again, maybe not.
Our process involves clarifying what you want to know and then charting a research-based course to that information. Sometimes, simple pre/post data will do. Other times, that shiny statistical model you heard about would be spot on. We’ll walk through the pros and cons of all the relevant approaches until we find the right solution.
Better data and clearer reporting aren't out of your reach—and they don't have to be complicated
You put way too much effort into your education to settle for mediocre outcomes. It’s likely that the answers to questions can be provided with just a little guidance. Let Med-IQ help you get there.