Med-IQ is an accredited medical education company that provides an exceptional educational experience for physicians, nurses, pharmacists, and other healthcare professionals. We are looking for a full-time Managing Editor to join our dynamic company. While our home office is located in Baltimore, we are open to the location in which this person will be located.
The Managing Editor is responsible for editing educational and marketing materials at every stage of development—from first draft though final proofs—across various therapeutic areas. This role is crucial to the successful execution of projects, ensuring that materials are accurate, error—free, and read well; have a uniform, professional look; and adhere to brand/style guidelines.
- Review medical education materials including publications, slide deck presentations, abstracts, poster presentations, scripts, patient education handouts, and journal articles
- Review marketing letters, emails, web postings, and other components of projects
- Edit for organization, style, flow, accuracy, clarity of message, and adherence to client guidelines and AMA style
- Lead the editorial development of publications (under direction of senior editorial staff), including:
- Developing/managing schedules
- Assigning projects to freelance writers
- Editing drafts
- Coordinating internal and external reviews and incorporating feedback
- Identifying copyrighted material that requires permission for reproduction; processing permission requests when required
- Tracking and reporting the status of each project
- Attend kickoff, project status, and other job-related meetings
- Provide editorial assistance to the company on other projects
Education, Experience and Competencies
- Bachelor’s degree in English or related field; ELS certification preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and attention to detail
- At least 4 years of experience as a medical editor
- Demonstrated proficiency in AMA style and working knowledge of medical terminology
- Demonstrated proficiency in the Microsoft Suite of products
- Experience developing and overseeing editorial projects to keep them on schedule, budget, and scope
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and juggle multiple projects/prioritize work as needed
Coverys and it’s subsidiaries are an equal-opportunity employer. Our job openings are open to all without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, religion, age, height, weight, disability, political beliefs, sexual orientation, marital status, family status, or veteran status.