Med-IQ, an innovative medical education company based near Baltimore, is searching for a highly organized and motivated MANAGER, EDUCATIONAL STRATEGY AND CONTENT to join the Clinical Content team. Remote employees outside of the Baltimore area will be considered.
- Contribute to the planning of educational strategy for grant proposals by providing clinical insight and identifying professional practice gaps in the published medical literature and writing needs assessments
- Participate in the writing and editing of content-related information for grant submissions, letters of intent, and requests for more information
- Manage freelance writers for needs assessment development as necessary
- Manage content-related portions of funded continuing medical education activities, including but not limited to identification and recruitment of faculty, faculty management, and adherence to all internal and external deadlines
- Collaborate with activity faculty to plan and implement appropriate clinical content based on identified activity and target audience needs
- Research, write/create, review, and provide focus to fair balanced, evidence-based, clinically focused PowerPoint slide presentations, online publications, journal supplements, and case studies across a wide range of therapeutic areas
- Write and review pre-/post-test and survey questions and provide clinical context for outcomes data generated from CME activities
- Review participant invitation materials and Web copy for clinical accuracy
- Assist in the management of freelancers assigned to particular tasks within a project under the employee’s responsibility when necessary
- Keep current with published literature in key therapeutic areas; conduct literature searches, and interpret statistical data and clinical study findings
- Ensure that all clinical education materials are well organized, scientifically accurate, and in compliance with applicable company policies and industry guidelines
- Participate in the writing and editing of abstracts and manuscripts for meeting presentations and/or publication in peer-reviewed journals
Required Qualifications and Competencies
- Advanced degree (doctorate or master’s level) in a medical or scientific discipline
- A minimum of 7 years of experience serving in the capacity a senior medical writer (or higher level position) in the continuing medical education, pharmaceutical, or healthcare industry
- Experience in the development of grant proposals for medical education activities, including the identification of practice gaps and educational needs, is highly desired
Candidates should have the ability to work efficiently and independently, successfully manage competing deadlines, and operate according to all CME/CE and internal compliance policies, rules, and regulations. Candidates will work with national thought leaders as the clinical point person responsible for creating educational content. Candidates should be able to approach clinical issues from a number of perspectives, synthesizing and summarizing data and preparing educational materials to increase the knowledge and skills of a variety of healthcare professional audiences.
Qualified candidates should submit resume, cover letter, and writing samples (if available) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include salary requirements. Due to the volume of resumes received, we will only contact applicants with related experience. No phone calls please.