A member of the Coverys family of companies, Med-IQ, a leading provider of clinical and risk management education, consulting services, and quality improvement solutions, is currently looking for an Executive Assistant to join our dynamic team and provide administrative support to the Chief Operating Officer. The primary purpose of this position will be to relieve the COO of clerical and administrative responsibilities and to generally support the COO and her teams in meeting deadlines and project responsibilities.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage COO’s calendar, schedule appointments and arrange conference calls.
- Greets scheduled visitors and direct to appropriate area or person.
- Screen incoming calls and correspondence and respond independently when possible.
- Direct preparation of records such as agenda, notices, minutes, and resolutions for corporate and board meetings. Prepare memorandums outlining and explaining procedures and policies. Compose and prepare confidential correspondence, reports, and other complex documents. Conduct research, and compile statistical reports.
- Create and maintain database and spreadsheet files. Organize and maintain file system and files correspondence and other records. Make copies of correspondence or other printed materials. Prepare outgoing mail and correspondence, including e-mail and faxes.
- Serve as custodian of corporate documents and records.
- Provide back-up support to Department Directors.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education, Requirements & Competencies
- Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or ten years executive related experience and 5 years personal assistant experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must be experienced with Microsoft Office products
- Strong interpersonal skills to communicate with clients across multiple offices
- Must be detail-oriented
- Must maintain confidentiality and discretion
- Strong time management, organizational and calendaring skills
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts and to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations. Must be able to create and maintain database spreadsheets.
Qualified candidates should submit resume, cover letter, and writing samples (if available) to email@example.com. Please include salary requirements. Due to the volume of resumes received, we will only contact applicants with related experience. No phone calls please.
Coverys and its entities are an equal-opportunity employer. Our job openings are open to all without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, religion, age, height, weight, disability, political beliefs, sexual orientation, marital status, family status, or veteran status.