The Audience Development (Marketing) Manager is responsible for driving clinicians to Med-IQ educational activities (both live and online) and managing the associated project plans.
Position Purpose & Objective / Focus
The Audience Development (Marketing)Manager operates in a highly budget- and deadline-driven business environment and assumes various roles within the audience development department, including managing and carrying out marketing plans for individual CME/CE activities, and providing strategic insight to help guide marketing plans for future educational initiatives.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop and execute marketing plans for various educational activities
- Create marketing schedules and manage budgets for each activity
- Write compelling and benefits driven copy and work with the creative team to design marketing collateral using a variety of marketing channels including print, email, digital, and social media
- Monitor marketing tactics and revise as needed to reach participation goals
- Maintain and follow predetermined marketing policies and procedures to ensure compliance with industry standards; work with various departments to develop new policies/procedures as needed
- Provide marketing insight on a macro level, including developing new strategies for reaching the target audience; researching, monitoring, and evaluating market trends; and assessing competitors’ products and marketing activities
- Partner with project management team to schedule, plan, and execute live educational events
- Travel as needed to help coordinate educational events, meet with vendors, and attend industry meetings
Education, Requirements & Competencies
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing or related field
- 3 + years of related work experience
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Highly organized with careful attention to detail
- Hands-on, team player
- Knowledge of industry guidelines (eg, ACCME, OIG, PhRMA, CBRN, ACPE, FDA) and an understanding of how these guidelines influence audience development tactics and language is helpful, not required
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suites experience is a plus
- Comfort in using marketing tools (including email service providers, social media, and analytics)
- Ability to:
- See a task through from inception to completion
- Manage multiple tasks in a busy work setting
- Set priorities and meet deadlines
- Follow policies and procedures
- Be flexible and quickly adjust priorities to meet changing project demands
Special Position Requirements
Physical Demands: While performing duties, the employee may be regularly required to stand or sit for extended periods, walk long distances, use hands to handle, hold or feel objects, tools, or controls, reach with arms, and talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. The employee is required to hear conversations in noisy environments.
Any physical demands are representative of the physical requirements necessary for an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation can be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the described essential functions.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described herein are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Travel: Ability to travel, as applicable (up to 10%).
This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the job and the general nature and level of work performed within this job. However, this job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position. Coverys has the right to revise this position description at any time. The position description is not a contract for employment and because employment with Coverys and its entities are at-will and based on mutual consent, both the employee and the company have the right terminate employment at will, with or without cause, at any time.
Coverys and it’s subsidiaries are equal-opportunity employers. Our job openings are open to all without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, religion, age, height, weight, disability, political beliefs, sexual orientation, marital status, family status, or veteran status.