Med-IQ, a Coverys company, is looking to expand our Grant Development team. Med-IQ, an innovative medical education company based near Baltimore, is searching for a highly organized and motivated Director, Educational Grant Development to join our Grant Development team.
- Partner with Med-IQ Education team to develop concept ideas for medical education funding
- Develop and curate appropriate communication channels with independent medical education representatives at commercial supporters, primarily pharmaceutical and medical device companies.
- Identify, qualify and secure grant awards to achieve business goals.
- Partner with Med-IQ Educational team to prepare CME/CE grant proposals to ensure relevance for target audiences and strategic alignment of content to the objectives of the activity.
- Follow-up and close contracts.
- Accurately forecast and report on timing of future grant prospects.
- Operate with an understanding and ability to effectively and compliantly work within the CME accredited educational environments.
- Provide insight across a broad range of disease areas and as such, embrace knowledge expansion into new science and disease areas.
- Adhere to and maintain a deadline driven business environment.
- Travel primarily focused in NJ, NY, MD, PA and IL.
- Adhere to compliance including ACCME, OIG, PhRMA, CBRN, ACPE, FDA – related guidelines
- Operate as a team player, who can lead by example and drive a culture of accountability and integrity by being an advocate for the company’s mission and values.
Qualified candidates must meet the following requirements:
- Proven track record of success in securing grants for high-quality programs to supporters of programs targeted to physicians, nurses, and allied healthcare professionals.
- Versed in the needs and expectations of commercial supporters; the educational needs of particular physician and healthcare groups; and the learning gaps in research, diseases, and disorders.
- New funding source prospecting skills, as well as contract negotiation and closing techniques.
- Medical marketing and CME/ME experience.
- Knowledge of pharmaceutical and medical devices industry and insight into market potential of new medicines.
- Familiarity with promotional and ACCME regulations for medical education
- Strong organization, planning, and communication skills.
- Be a team player.
- BA/BS degree, at a minimum, is required
- Medical/nursing/pharmacist degree would be helpful, but not required
- More important than any of those skills and prior experiences is the attribute that you have an extraordinary level of personal initiative and proactivity.
Coverys and it’s subsidiaries are equal-opportunity employers. Our job openings are open to all without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, religion, age, height, weight, disability, political beliefs, sexual orientation, marital status, family status, or veteran status.